An ePrivacy Assessment is for clients who need to determine their state of Compliance to ePrivacy Regulations.
Increasingly, customers are becoming more discerning when browsing online. They are increasingly noticing if you have cookie banner and will look for your Cookie and Privacy Notice. That means that more often than not, the first contact with your prospective clients or those wishing to challenge your approach to Privacy is through your website. And, it is up to you to be open and transparent about the use of personal information and data.
Our thorough assessment will review your businesses / organisations website to look for specific ecidence and documentation related to ePrivacy. This will look for (but not always limited to);
– Privacy information is easy to locate and is written in clear and plain language
– Assesses controller, processor and DPO details
– Key categories of data being processed documented. Is their purpose and lawful basis explained?
– Ensuring that there is lawful basis of consent. Including how its gained and the ease of consent withdrawal.
– Checks that the Data Subjects rights (erasure, rectification, subject access, compensation and portability) are effectively communicated
– Data retention and data transfers are described
– When Cookies are loaded, whether there is/is not a Cookie banner, are the uses of the Cookies clearly explained
– A report summarising the findings and providing high level direction is provided